Today, the strategic use of technology is vital to business success and the role of Chief Information Officer (CIO) is more important than ever. Every business needs an experienced and knowledgeable CIO who is able to align the company’s technology with its business goals. Hiring an in-house CIO is a challenging proposition. It’s for this reason that companies are increasingly choosing a Virtual CIO service; and reaping the benefits of cost savings and similar results to a traditional CIO.
What Is A Virtual CIO?
VCIO or Virtual Chief Information Officer is an outsourced role e.g., a consultant or business such as a managed service provider that offers a service to fulfil the role of a conventional CIO. Virtual CIO usually works remotely, and is responsible for providing technology roadmap, budgeting, infrastructure management, network security, business continuity, disaster recovery, consultation, troubleshooting, new technology recommendations to support business operations and accomplish overall business objectives.
A CIO is an executive position similar to a CEO, COO, CTO that is common in large organisation or non-profits. Hiring a full time CIO can be challenging due to the expense and expertise which can be out of scope for the majority of small to medium size businesses (SMB). And that’s where Essential Tech’s VCIO services comes into play.
VCIO levels the playing field for SMBs as they have cost-effective means of having a technology expert on board to ensures that the business stays on the cutting edge of technological developments, without having to pay an executive salary. The main difference between a vCIO service and other IT consultancy services, is that the vCIO takes control of the technology strategy of an organisation and provides strategic direction to support long-term business growth.
Why Do You Need A Virtual CIO In Your Business?
Without the right person running your technology team, your business could be at serious risk. Technical expertise is not enough; you also need the vision and strategic guidance from a CIO to keep your business on track.
You need to consider these pertinent questions:
• Is your existing technology aligned with your future business needs?
• Do you have a strong CIO who can create an IT vision to match your business goals?
• Are you getting the best return on investment with your IT?
It is a known fact that companies that adopt cutting-edge technology, have a competitive advantage in the market. VCIO role is to keep your business strategy at the forefront of development, while keeping your costs under control.
Why A Virtual CIO May Be Your Best Choice
Although a Chief Information Officer is critical to the success of a growing business, hiring a full-time CIO role may be impractical. For a start, the best candidates may command large remuneration packages and other benefits. The cost of hiring may become a major drain on human resources.
In contrast, a Virtual CIO offers you the benefits of strategic thinking in a more affordable and convenient package. You can hire a Virtual CIO by the hour or for a fixed number of hours per month. You can have effective business leadership at a manageable cost.
You receive the following benefits:
• Strategic leadership when and where you need it.
• The services of an IT implementation and management expert.
• IT expenditure that is aligned with your business needs.
• Improved efficiency and effectiveness.
• Increased return on investment.
Essential Tech Virtual CIO Services
With Essential Tech's VCIO services, you can expect:
- Strategic planning: Our TAMs work with you to create a comprehensive technology plan that aligns with your business objectives, maximises your existing technology investments and minimises risk.
- Technology optimisation: We'll identify areas of your technology infrastructure that can be improved to enhance your business operations, streamline processes, and increase productivity.
- Vendor management: We'll manage your technology vendors on your behalf, ensuring that you're getting the best value for your investments and that your technology solutions are working together seamlessly.
- Cybersecurity: Our VCIO services include a strong focus on cybersecurity, ensuring that your business is protected from cyber threats and that your data is secure.
In addition to our TAM-led VCIO services, Essential Tech's Executives can provide more advanced services at Board Level. Our executives have extensive experience in technology leadership and can provide guidance and insights to help your business stay ahead of the curve and achieve its technology goals.
So, if you're looking for a technology partner that can help you optimise your technology investments, enhance your operations, and protect your business from cyber threats, Essential Tech's VCIO services are the solution you need.
Get Your Free CIO Assessment
Contact us today for a free assessment and to find out how you can achieve business success with a virtual cio.
The right technology strategy can set you up on the path towards further growth and prosperity. Essential Tech is ready to help you achieve your business goals.